Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

  Today is my birthday and I turned 49. No big deal, next year is the scary one, but there is something I miss very much. Every year when my Dad was alive, I would call him as soon as I woke up and say "Today is a special day! Do you know why today is a special day?" He would spit out some crazy answer and laugh.
  I know this is very childish, but I loved to do it every year on my birthday. It was our thing. He has been gone for 7 years now and I miss doing that so much! I talk to him everyday (when I am alone - otherwise I would look crazy) but I wish we could do our shtick again.
  Anyway, Dad where ever you are, today is a special day, do you know what day it is? I love you. I miss you and you will always be the "wind beneath my wings."
Love, your #2 daughter!

No comments: