Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Good Year

    A few years ago, I was home sick with the flu and bored to tears with the TV. I finally found the movie "A Good Year" on one of the stations. It was probably halfway into to the movie when I came across the channel but decided to watch it anyway.
   
    I have to tell you that after I finished watching the movie I immediately went on to Amazon.com and purchased the movie. Even though I had missed most of the movie, I knew it was a keeper! It is based on Pater Mayle's book "A Year In Province" and is one of the most enjoyable movies to be watched. The best part is - it's not a chick flick, men love this movie also!!!!

    Directed by Ridley Scott (whom I love) "A Good Year" stars Russell Crowe (Yum) as Max, a no holds barred London bonds trader who has never heard of the word vacation. When his Uncle (played by Albert Finney, again, whom I love) dies and leaves him his estate, a vineyard in the south of France, Max decides to travel back to the vineyard where he spent much of his time with his uncle. But alas, it is not for rest and relaxation that makes Max travel, he plans to sell off the estate and make a bundle.

  The glory of this movie is how Max is given a chance to live life at a less manic pace than which he is used to and finds a beautiful woman and American cousin to boot.

   I have watched this movie a hundred times since I first bought it and have lent it out to others even more! A Good Year, A Great Watch!!!!
  

 

No comments: