Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Christmas Wish

   About four years ago, my husband decided that a walk in closet should be added on to our lovely bedroom. Being a woman with many clothes and shoes, I thought this was an excellant idea. He dangled visions of racks to hold shoes, with rows and rows of shelving for sweaters. There would poles to hang dresses and shirts. Our large dresser would fit in the back freeing up space in our bedroom for two reading chairs. Then to put a cherry on top, a new bathroom would also be added so that we would have privacy from our own room.
   The foundation was laid that year and then, my husband received a job from a huge customer that has literally taken the last few years. Last year, hoping they would be able to work on the closet, his crew ripped off the back of my house and gave me the most wonderful of plastic walls. It really is a lovely green that ripples when the wind blows and DOES NOT insulate the bedroom from the cold.
   Our clothes, are in piles throughout areas of the house and our bedroom looks like a Goodwill Store. The three dogs love it. Everytime they rough house, they run into my bedroom, kncok everythin over and cover all my clothes with hair. It makes you want to scream!!!
  Yesterday, the men worked on the closet and the bathroom and announced that they should be done by the end of December. The bathroom with it onyx tile is almost complete and the exterior and interior walls of the closet are getting closer to completion.
  Seeing this, I decided to go through the piles and get rid of anything that is too small (which is basically everything) or anything that I haven't worn in a long time. Then I made nice neat piles.
   My green plastic wall is still up, but now that I have an actual structure on the other side the bedroom is considerably warmer. As of yesterday, I was informed that my green wall will be coming down within the next few weeks and to prepare for the moving of the clothes.
   So, my Christmas wish is that I am able to pick out a pair of shoes and an outfit without having to go through piles and tubs by the upcoming New Year.
   Oh and for World Peace!

No comments: