Saturday, December 17, 2011

To Maryse

I feel out of sorts today because I received some very sad news yesterday. We had a woman living in town that was just the sweetest person you could know. I knew her from when my son went through the elementary school since she handled the main office for years.
Everytime I came in she would flash her lovely smile and greet me. Everytime I left I thought "What a nice lady, Maryse is. I would love to get to know her better." For years I have been thinking about this. We became friends on facebook and she took to reading this crazy blog every single time I posted anything on it.
Maryse became ill (from my understanding, the doctors do not know the cause of her ailment) very ill and spent much time in a hospital down in Mass. Everyone worried about her, including myself. Finally, she returned home and the glow came back to her face. I promised myself that I was going to get to know this lovely woman better.
I had heard through the grapevine of our small town that she had become sick yet again and was back in the hospital down in Mass. Then, yesterday, the news came by phone and facebook that Maryse had passed on, on Wednesday night.
I am so sorry for her family and friends. I recognized this woman to be someone special and now see that I wasted many years in thinking about getting to know her.
Dear friends, if there is something that means alot to you. Do it. Time does not wait for any of us.
To Maryse, I hardly knew you but will truly miss your grace, charm and lovely sense of humor. I'm sorry I never really got to call you friend!

No comments: