Sunday, August 28, 2011

As Time Goes By

The storm has passed. We were very lucky not to have been hit very hard. Lots of rain and some wind took out the electric but the generator kicked right in and a few hours later, we were back in business.
                It was a nice day spent with the family and our friends came by to enjoy the use of bathrooms and hot food. We even squeezed in a game of Parcheesi. To all of you who have never played this old game. Go out and buy it. If you follow the rules accordingly, it can be one of the most cutthroat games around.
                My husband and I also celebrated our 15th year anniversary. I am still wondering how the time went by so quickly. We have had so much to celebrate, our son entering high school. Our wonderful home in the mountains of New Hampshire, the two Percheron horses, the 3 crazy dogs and the 1 very stubborn cat. Good health, Good Jobs. What more could you ask for?
                I know one thing. For fifteen years, my darling husband has been waking me up in the middle of the night by calling my name. "Erica Lynne, Erica Lynne, wake up!"
                So, I wake up, in a fog and he cutely grins, "You should really try and get some sleep."
                Love my husband dearly but really?
                Well, I am off to bed. Maybe I should wait for him to fall asleep. What do you think? Should I turn the tables?

No comments: