Thursday, October 6, 2011

17 Again

   I just finished cleaning the house and feel exhausted. It should not take all your energy to vacuum or dust and clean the bathrooms. Granted we do have three dogs that love nothing better than to shed but really, I just did the house from top to bottom on Friday.

   I am still in the process of getting all the beds finished. I am just waiting for the blankets to dry so I can get them back onto the beds and I am wiped out. Wish I had a genie to grant me the wish of a house cleaner so I could sit back with a box of truffles and watch movies all day.
   I do not get where that everlasting amount of energy that I used to have disappeared to. Wherever it went, it took my metabolism with it. I watch my body and skin taking on all these new textures, shapes, and wonder who in God's name is that looking back at me in the mirror. Even my brain seems to be forgetting why I walked from one room to the other, which is weird because in my head I still feel twenty. What happened?

   There was a time when I could go to work, come home, clean my house, cook dinner, and then go out with the girls all night. I ate everything I wanted, weighed nothing, and still had it in me to get up before the sun the next morning and make it to work earlier than need be.
  I love my family and animals tremendously but boy, I would love to have my old mind, body and energy back for just one day. One hour of younger woman to go please!

No comments: