Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cats And Dogs

   It is always nice to go away, but it is much better to come home. As Dorothy said "There's no place like home." I left North Conway at 6:45 am this morning and thankfully beat the rain. Last year when I left the conference, it was a monsoon outside and the drive was horrible.

   My three dogs, I believe, are very happy to see me because they are running around moving the rugs, barking, playing continuously while bumping into everything. I go down stairs to switch the load; they follow and try to steal the laundry. I try to strip the bed and put fresh sheets on it, they jump on and off while I yell at them. I try to empty the dishwasher; they all hang at my feet and trip me.

  Three different size dogs, ranging from large to small. Three different personalities but all on the same wavelength today. How can we possibly get in her way?

   The cat on the other hand said, love me, feed me, now go away!
   I have not seen my family yet but they should be straggling through the door shortly. I miss them!

   There really is not anyplace like home!

No comments: