Saturday, September 24, 2011

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

   This weekend we have my in-laws up for a visit. So many hours will be spent in the kitchen cooking. My mother in-law and I work well in the kitchen together and have many creative ideas together.

   My mother in-law, Louise, is 88 years of age and just a little bitty Sicilian woman. She is the sweetest person in the whole world and an amazing cook. She wakes up every morning at about 4:30 am and goes straight to the kitchen where she spends most of the day cooking.
   Now my father in-law sits in his chair the whole day to catch up on the daily events and yells, "Louise, Louise, get me something to drink." or "Louise, Louise, get me something to eat." This tiny woman who stands about 4 feet 8 inches then gets his food and drink and shuffles all the way to their family room. When I say shuffles, I mean shuffles. Her steps probably measure at one inch at a time.

  One day, we received a phone call from Aaron, my father in-law, saying that she had lost her mind. Aaron said that Louise was upset with him and was chasing him around the house with a kitchen knife. Chasing was the word he used. Paul and I just looked at each other. "Really, she was chasing you?" However, he sticks with that.

Have a great Saturday

No comments: