Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Kids Are Alright

   Today being Saturday, you would think that it is a time to relax. That's what I plan to do right after I finish doing the laundry, clean the kitchen and the bathrooms. I have this silly cold and wanted to sleep in late but at 8:00 sharp, the sound of new roofing being attached to my bedroom rang throughout the mountains. Then every few minutes either my husband or Rocko (our employee) would throw something from the roof, which if you have never heard this, does make quite a noise. Of course, this set all three dogs into a chorus of barking.

   I just finished making the three boys breakfast, striping and remaking their beds. Boys are so unaware that they are existing in a mess. You literally take your life into your hands just walking into the room. Why does it always smell of feet? Aired that out and sprayed half a bottle of Febreze. Febreze take me away! Upon leaving that room, I then realized that I had collected so many towels, shirts, socks and shorts that, Yay, I could run yet another load of laundry.
   Sorry, had to leave for a moment, my son decided that since the dishwasher was running he would just leave the dirty dishes (these are extra dishes, I already did the breakfast dishes) in the sink. He told me people do not wash dishes with a sponge they put them in the dishwasher. Then why do we have a drain board?

   College is in five years. Oh dear lord, I am in trouble. Well, God did say go forth and procreate but he forgot to mention the maid/short order cook you need when they turn into teenagers.
  Have A Great Day!!!

No comments: